1) The Train Job, definitely one of my top 5 eps
2) because honestly what kind of western sci fi tv show would this have been if they didn't pull a train job???
3) Jayne: "What day is it? .... What month is it?" obviously he's far too busy to worry about unimportant things like dates or times
4) some random guy at a bar to Mal: "you gonna drink to the Alliance with me? Six years today the Alliance sent the Browncoats running, pissing their pants... You know, your coat is kind of a brownish colour."
Mal: "It was on sale."
5) random guy: "You didn't toast. You know, I'm thinking you were one of them Independents."
Mal: "And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling."
6) That's certainly one way to end a bar fight
7) "They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious." Classic Mal
8) Book: "Captain, how's the girl?"
Mal: "Still a little whimsical in the brain pan, but seems calm enough." *River in the background tossing a tray of instruments and yelling at Simon*
9) "Shouldn't you be off bringing religiosity to the fuzzy-wuzzies or some such?" You'll never be able to convince me that this show wasn't brilliantly written.
10) Inara: "What did I say to you about barging into my shuttle?"
Mal: "That it was manly and impulsive?"
Inara: "Yes, precisely. Only the exact phrase I used was don't."
oh the sparks!
11) "Kaylee, what the hell is going on in the engine room? Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"
Honestly I would pay to see Mal trying to wrangle some space monkeys
12) aw Mal stop it with the puppy dog eyes at Inara
13) Firfely never failed in coming up with the best bad guys. Niska is a whole other level of psychotic with the last guy who failed him strung upside down in the back of his office. Even seeing that Mal still chooses to do the right thing later on
14) Zoe: "He's a psycho you know. Niska."
Mal: "He's not the first psycho to hire us, nor the last... you think that's a commentary on us?"
15) "Sir, I think you have a problem with your brain being missing." Ah, Zoe, I forgot how much I love you.
16) Mal: "We stick to the plan, we get the goods, we're back on Serenity before the train even reaches Paradiso, only now we do it under the noses of twenty trained Alliance feds. And that makes them look all manner of stupid. Hell, this job I would pull for free."
17) Zoe: "Then can I have your share?"
Zoe: "If you die can I have your share?"
Totally Reasonable Conversations version 2.0
18) Simon: "So, what are we doing?"
Kaylee: "Oh, crime."
Simon: "Crime. Good. Okay. Crime."
you guys are so cute stop it right now
19) Mal's face when he finds out the cargo they stole was medicine
20) "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here." One of Jayne's most iconic lines
21) Wash: "Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?"
Simon drugging Jayne to stop him leaving without Mal and Zoe (underhanded I like it)
22) Inara rescuing Mal and Zoe by pretending Mal was her indentured man is the best
23) "We're not thieves... But we are thieves. The point is, we're not taking what's his." Mal - 2/? honor among the outlawed