Here comes my totally random commentary!
1) I forgot how Firefly opens with all the lasers and explosions of Mal and Zoe in what we later learn is the battle of serenity valley. For some reason I always think it opens with Wash and the dinosaurs. "grrr!"
2) "We've done the impossible and that makes us mighty."
3) "You know why we're not going to die? Because we're so very, very pretty. We're just too pretty to die."
4) I always loved how the opening scene cut from the noise and confusion of the battle to the silent and slow movements of Mal and the crew in space. It made for an very impacting opening sequence.
5) "We will rule over all this land and we will call it... this land. -- I think we should call it your grave. -- Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" Classic Wash
6) "Oh motherless son of a b--" totally going to steal this
7) Out of all the sci-fi shows I've watched, I still think the Serenity is my favourite ship. She's a beauty!
8) Firefly also gets all-time-favourite theme song "You can't take the sky from me."
9) "I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful."
10) 1/? Plot threads that never got answered before Firefly was cancelled that I'm still annoyed about -- what was Inara running away from when she joined Serenity's crew?
11) 2/? Plot threads that never got answered before #Firefly was cancelled that I'm still annoyed about -- who the hell was Sheppard Book???
12) Malcolm Reynolds calling Crowley out on his BS long before Dean Winchester came into the picture
13) "I got a share in this job. Ten percent of nothin'. Let me do the math here. Nothin' and then nothin' carry the nothin'--" Classic Jayne
14) "Jayne, your mouth is talking. Might want to look to that." I always forget how much I love the dialogue in this show.
15) Zoe: "Sir, we don't want to deal with Patience again."
Mal: "Why not?"
Zoe: "She shot you."
Mal: "Well, yeah, she did a bit."
16) Mal: "Anyone gets nosy, you know, just... shoot 'em."
Zoe: "Shoot 'em?"
#lols Always loved the Mal / Zoe dynamic.
17) I love how they made Simon out to be sinister and creepy in the first few scenes he was in. Great misdirect for the real bad guy later
18) Mal: Did you send word to Patience?"
Wash: "Yeah, but ain't heard back yet. Didn't she shoot you once?"
Mal" "Everyone's making a fuss!"
19) Mal: "She's a whore."
Kaylee: "The term is companion."
Mal: "I always get those mixed up. How's business?"
Inara: "None of yours."
Mal you were kind of a jerk sometimes. Lucky Inara could hold her own.
20) Book: "Captain, you mind if I say grace?"
Mal: "Only if you say it out loud."
21) oh man I forgot all the !drama! in the first ep. And Kaylee is the one who ends up getting shot during the stand off with the Alliance agent
22) Jayne: "Move out of the way."
Book: "You're not killing this man."
Jayne: "Not right away."
23) Simon talking about River and what happened to her
24) "Can we maybe take a vote on the whole murder thing?" Wash trying to be the voice of reason
25) "Got me a boatload of terribly strange folk making my life a little more interesting than I generally like." Gotta love Mal's way with words.
26) Mal: "Now you only gotta scare him."
Jayne: "Pain is scary."
27) Great characterisation with Jayne's loyalties to Mal being a bit of a grey area. Willing to take a bribe and betray the captain? Or is he?
29) they did such a great job of making the Reavers this ambiguous yet horrifying and credible threat throughout the eps and into the movie.
30) "You're lost in the woods. We all are, even the captain. Only difference is, he likes it that way."
31) Ah yes now I remember how much the UST between Mal and Inara drove me crazy.
32) Mal telling Simon that Kaylee was dead and then laughing about it with the rest of the crew on the bridge while Simon was in a panic running down to save her #badman
33) Mal: "I do believe that woman's planning to shoot me again."
Jayne: "Here's a concept I've been working on. Why don't we shoot her first?"
Wash: "It is her turn."
Totally Reasonable Conversations.
34) "One of those will feed a family for a month. Longer, if they don't like their kids too well." Mal's understated sense of humor is a great aspect of his characterisation.
35) "I did a job and I got nothing but trouble since I did it. Not to mention more than a few unkind words as regards to my character. So let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid." 1/? reasons not to cross Mal.
36) "You don't know me son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me and you'll be armed." - Mal Honor among the outlawed
More totally random commentary on Firefly coming this way: 1) The Train Job, definitely one of my top 5 eps 2) because honestly what kin...
Twice actually. That's right, I loved it so much, I immediately went back and watched it all for a second time. Be warned, this post ...
You know, sometimes I wonder if I'm too old to be enjoying shows about teenagers so much... But what the hell, good TV is good TV, and T...
Actually, I finished it a bit over a week ago, but hadn't gotten around to writing this post. I'd been waiting for this show to app...