Friday, November 25, 2016

All Over The Shop

Is that title another bit of Aussie slang that I think everyone should understand? Let me go ask Professor Google... Oh, yep. Totally is. What I mean for my non-Aussie mates is that I'm all over the place at the moment! At least that's how it feels anyway.
To give you a bit of an idea of what's happening in the background while you guys are waiting for Diffraction to come out in January:

1. Yes, Diffraction is finally ready to be released on the world, ARCs should be going out soon. I've seen the cover and it is AWESOME! Cannot wait to share it all over the place.

2. Atrophy and Quantum are going to be re-launched with new covers to match Diffraction. I'll also be revamping my website so everything is sparkly and new going into 2017

3. I've been working on edits for Cover Fire, the 3rd Valiant Knox book, which will be out in June 2017... it's early days yet, so I still have several more rounds of edits to do before it's finished.

4. I started writing War Games, the 4th Valiant Knox book which will be out in November 2017, but then I got distracted by a shiny new idea.

5. What I've actually been writing is an Atrophy series spin-off, featuring !Space Pirates! who work out of the Barbary Belt (where Rian took the Imojenna and Zander took the Swift Brion at the end of Quantum, as it's pretty much the only safe place left in the universe for them now). It looks like this spin-off series of shorter books (200 pages approx) will be getting published, I'm just working out with my agent how/when that is going to happen.

6. In early 2017, I'm also looking at self-publishing some of my romantic suspense. Also working out the how/when of that with my agent, so keep a look out, I'll have more news on that as it comes to hand.

7. I'm also currently working on a super-secret project with a group of other awesome sci fi romance authors to release a multi-author sci fi series in late 2017, but its not confirmed yet and details are still confidential. But when it's all ready for public consumption, I'll post it here first.

8. I keep telling everyone in December I'm going to take a "holiday" from writing coz quite honestly I have worked my ass off this year, and next year is looking to be even more intensive, so I probably should take a break. We'll see how that pans out though.

So, that's about where I'm at. I've got all these balls in the air and seem like I'm juggling like a pro, but don't be surprised if one hits me in the face any time now and sends everything falling to the floor! 
But if it all works out, 2017 will be a very busy year of releases, one after another.

No comments: