Monday, October 24, 2016

Just Finished Reading... The Loneliness of Distant Beings by Kate Ling.

Actually, I finished this one a few weeks ago, and while I put this review up on Goodreads, I hadn't got around to posting it on my blog yet. But here it is! And two posts in two weeks, maybe things will get back on track around here!

This book was an easy read for me - I read it in a day and it was the kind of story I didn't need to think about too much, which was exactly what I was in the mood for. 
The romance between Seren and Dom was one of those insta things, and while it kind of seemed like they both got way too invested in each other way too quick, in the context of the story, it was believable for me. 
This story did remind me a little of the Across The Universe series, but stood on its own merits with significant differences. I probably would have enjoyed it more and given it 5 stars if there'd been more story devoted to what was really happening on board the ship (the secrets that the adults were clearly keeping, etc) and maybe a little less time with Seren getting completely lost in her feelings for Dom (which at the 75%-ish mark slid toward Bella from Twilight type obsessing and almost lost me) but I'm glad I read to the ending, even though I guessed pretty early on where it was all heading. I just hope that there is a sequel and many of the unanswered questions end up getting resolved.
Oh, and I just have to say, I really love this book cover!

No comments: