After my thoughts while watching The 100 3x11 was so easy and fun, I decided to do the same thing with Agents of Shield's The Team episode this week, simply because it had so much hype going, plus I heard internet rumors that someone was going to be outed as a Hive spy.
Without further blabbing, here it is. Obvious spoilers and minor language warning...
2) *Skye/Daisy explains her plan to The Team to rescue Coulson and the others* - This plan is already sounding like a terrible idea that will only cause more trouble. Skye certainly seems to be all about the rushing-in-without-thinking at the moment... sorry. DAISY. Still not used to that. Don't think I ever will be used to it. Can't we just go back to calling her Skye?
3) The zephyr has a vault? Is that where they're all hiding? That plane really does have everything!
5) Just have to say that Lincoln has the coolest power.
6) Uh-ho... Malick! So, Lincoln, what do you do when you stumble onto one of the head-honcho badguys Shield has been looking for?
7) Well, that rescue was almost too easy-- OMG Lincoln! Not the guy with the freaky eyes! Totally forgot about him-- can't watch--! *shudder*
8) Ward/Hive - "Now we have one on the inside."
Does he mean Malick going to the Shield base, or someone else?!?!
9) Joey clearly not taking the whole killing-a-person thing very well. Hello, can't anyone else see that???
10) Uh-ho, watch out Fitzsimmons, creepy-eyes dead Lucio is about to get creepier!
11) Malick - "You sent four inhumans into his lair and now they're in your base. How many of them do
So THATs what Ward meant. One of the super team has been infected... would have to be either Skye/Daisy or Lincoln. Wouldn't make sense plot-wise for it to be Joey or Elena.
12) *May slaps Lincoln's hand because she doesn't want pain meds* - LOL May, way to act like a five year old.
13) *Mack sees bomb missing from case he told Elena about earlier* - TOTAL misdirection. They want us to think its Elena, so clearly its not. Too obvious. For shock value alone, it has to be Daisy or Lincoln. Plus they'll get more long-term angst out of the storyline that way.
14) Oh crap! They blew up Fitzsimmons! YOU BASTARDS!
16) Now the suspicion is on Joey. More misdirection!
17) OMG did Skye/Daisy really just call Lincoln Sparky??!!
18) Starting to really think its not Lincoln. He's so doctorly and concerned about an infected person getting out. That only leaves Skye, which makes a warped kind of sense. Esp since she just called him Sparky. That kind of low blow is a little out of character for her.
19) Yep, the infected person being Skye/Daisy would definitely have the most impact on the storyline.
20) OMG! What did Mack find and whose is it?!?!
21) Burn! Skye/Daisy totally screwed the super team and led them into a trap Coulson had made. Maybe its not her? So confused right now!
22) Someone is totally framing Lincoln. Its too easy. Come on, Coulson, can't you see it?
23) Oh holy crap. Lincoln is getting angry and sparky (pun intended from earlier insult). This is not going to end well. He still has the coolest power though!
24) *Skye/Daisy takes Lincoln out with her power* - Well, that's not going to be good for the relationship.
25) Joey - "I think I don't want to be here anymore."
Aw, poor Joey!
26) My feeeeels! Fitzsimmons, you are just too cute. Seriously, you guys are just killing me over here.
27) *Skye/Daisy turns up outside Lincoln's white cell* - OMG it IS Skye/Daisy!
28) Skye/Daisy "And you have trouble keeping your temper."
Lincoln "You used that against me?"
Oh, Lincoln. Yeah, that hurts.
29) Skye/Daisy's betrayal of Lincoln is an interesting reflection/echo of Ward originally betraying her at the end of season 1. Love it!
30) OMG! Skye/Daisy, what are you doing??? She's not going to bury them alive is she?!?!
31) Ward/Hive called her Skye *squeee*
32) *Next week on Agents of Shield* - OMGOMGOMG! *hyperventilating* Ward/Hive with his arm around Skye/Daisy!! Bring it!
Still, I can't wait to see how Hive treats Skye/Daisy because of whatever residual feelings Ward had for her before he died. If nothing else, I believe that though he made a lot of seriously bad choices, and had a warped view of life, Ward really did love Skye/Daisy. If he can love someone selflessly for the right reasons, then I believe he's not beyond redemption. He just has an extra long and hard path to get back.
That being said, Ward is technically dead and gone, so how are the writers going to get around that little wrinkle?
My hope is that this will actually be the beginning of the path to Ward returning to the team and becoming a member of the family again. How could that be possible? I'm thinking Fitzsimmons can find away to kill the organism Hive. The unexpected result? While it kills the thing living inside Ward's body, it leaves the body alive. Then the easiest fix for everything Ward did to everyone in the past would have him being completely wiped -- no memories of who he was or what he did, leaving him free to become a completely new person.
Unfortunately, that plot line might be too pedestrian for the likes of something that Joss Whedon has a hand in. So I can't wait to see how this season wraps up, and how they're going to get rid of Hive but hopefully keep Ward around. They cannot kill Ward off. Even when he was at his worst, Ward was still more than half the reason I kept watching this show.
FORMAL INCIDENT REPORT SECTION ONE Incident Date:___ 25 th August 2436 __ Incident Time:___ 22 :30 hours approx ___ Incident...
Twice actually. That's right, I loved it so much, I immediately went back and watched it all for a second time. Be warned, this post ...
Actually, I finished it a bit over a week ago, but hadn't gotten around to writing this post. I'd been waiting for this show to app...
You know, sometimes I wonder if I'm too old to be enjoying shows about teenagers so much... But what the hell, good TV is good TV, and T...