Sunday, October 25, 2015

Just Finished Reading... The Duchess War by Courtney Milan

Many years ago I used to practically live on historical romances, I would read a couple a week. These days my reading time is sadly limited and it had been ages (I'm talking a year or two) since I've read any kind of historical romance. I actually got this e-book for free a few weeks ago, which is not unusual, I find myself either downloading free or less than $3.00 e-books every other week, except I hardly ever read them. I start a lot of them, but hardly ever finish. I just really don't like e-books. So I have no idea why I keep downloading them. Anyway, so if I do actually read an entire e-book, then that tells you right there that it must have been a pretty damn good book.
Maybe I think this book is good simply because it's been so long since I read a historical. Maybe this wasn't the most riveting, exciting or fantastic historical romance I've ever read, but there was something lovely and moving about it. Both Robert and Minnie had different kinds of emotional baggage that still affected their life. The way the past also impacted on their decisions and actions was really well done. And every time I thought I knew what was going to happen, the story went in a different direction. I would definitely like to get the rest of the books in this series, but I'll be buying and no doubt immensely enjoying the print copies

No comments: