Monday, May 25, 2015

Work Status Update

Just a quick update on where things are at. I've been super busy these last few weeks. I started a new contemporary sci-fi (as in, a story set now, but with sci-fi elements) that I'm calling my Darc Ops series. Its about an elite military unit, with the soldiers involved having advanced nanotechnology that gives them super-human abilities. It also gives each soldier one unique ability, but as the human body wasn't designed to be pushed to such limits, using that ability comes with a price, usually in form of a physical toll.
My wonderful editor at Entangled Publishing, Robin, needs to get half the credit for this new book series, as she was there to bounce ideas back and forth and really shape it into a tight story. With her help, I did about a month or two worth of planning, plotting, writing, etc in the space of about a week.
So far, I've written the first 6 chapters/fifty-five pages/fifteen thousand words. I'm hoping that by the time I finish the book in a few months, I'll have a shiny new contract and 2016 release date for it.
However, I've had to put that aside this week, as I've now got the first round of revisions on Damage Control to do. We're making some slight alterations -- nothing that's really going to change the story, but kind of adding an extra element that will make the story tighter, and make the relationship between the hero and heroine more well-rounded. 
Damage Control will be released on the 27th of October, and while its still five months away, I am looking forward to getting the cover and everything else that goes along with releasing a new book.
But for now, I've got to get back into those revisions!

No comments: