Thursday, March 5, 2015

Just Finished Reading... Anja's Star by Lyn Brittan

This was a good quick read and ideal if you're in between longer books or not in the mood for a full story. However, while it was good, I felt like it wasn't living up to its potential, like the author wrote it too fast or something. There were places I needed to re-read a paragraph or section because I didn't quite catch what had happened or lost track of who was talking. Some of the shifts in scene happened very abruptly, leaving it with an almost incomplete feel. This story would have made a really awesome full length book if the author had slowed the pace and fleshed it out. I liked the characters and the storyline, and I think I would have enjoyed spending more time with them. I'm going to read the rest of the books in the series because the concept of the Outer Settlement Agency has me intrigued, and despite a few bumps, for the most part this book was written well enough. My hope is with a little more experience, this author will improve and I might find the later books are a smoother, more satisfying read.

No comments: