Monday, February 2, 2015

Escape Velocity Release Day and Thai Food

Well, we are officially here. Today is the release day for Escape Velocity, and I'm excited about seeing this book launched into the world.
Now, you might be wondering what Thai food has to do with anything, but something kind of hilarious happened last week when I was online browsing recipes.
See, I really like cooking. I love trying new foods, finding new ways to cook my favorite foods and experimenting with new recipes or cooking techniques. My husband has joked a few times that I should try out for Masterchef, but for one, I might be good, but I'm not that good. And two, I know writing is my passion, not cooking.
So last week I was doing something I often do -- browsing the internet to find a new recipe. I specifically wanted something I could do with some chicken I had in the freezer, and was in the mood for something Asian or Thai.
To my astonishment, I came across a Thai grilled chicken recipie called Kai Yang.

Kai Yang grilled chicken recipe on asiaotaku.com


And if you don't already know where I'm going with this -- Kai Yang is the name of the hero in Escape Velocity.
That's right, my tough, sexy battleship Commander is named after grilled chicken.
The lesson I've learned from this? Always google your character's name before you publish a book.
And now I'm off to cook me some Thai grilled chicken...


Kai Yang in Escape Velocity from Entangled Publishing

No comments: