Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tuesday Tunes -- Just Another Day

Going old-school today, back to 1992 with John Secada and Just Another Day.
I was still in primary school when this song came out, and I don't ever remember thinking it was exactly 90's gold when I was in my teens. I would hear it on the radio enough that I knew a few words here and there.
However, a few weeks ago, it popped into my head, and I had to go download it. I think because it kind of goes well with Escape Velocity. I've been doing edits on this book for weeks, and the decision was recently made to change it from a novella to a full novel. At the moment I'm working on adding an extra plot element and a handful of new scenes. I think the journey my characters go on definitely fits with the words of this song:
"Why can't we stay together? Just give me a reason, give me a reason. I, I don't want to say it. I don't want to find another way to make it through the day without you. I, I can't resist. Trying to find exactly what I missed. It's just another day without you."
Now let's enjoy some cheesy 90's goodness. Check out the ripped stonewash jeans and billowing white shirt...



No comments: