Friday, September 19, 2014

Noticeably Absent

Yes, it has been well over a week since my last post! But I can say with all confidence that I haven't been idle in that time.
So, what have I been doing with myself? Well, besides the usual life stuff that we all have, I started writing a new book. Its a YA novel, and an idea I've had in the back of my head for a while now, unsure of what I wanted to do with it. I decided to let the muse free, and have smashed out 43,000 words in just over two weeks. The book is about a bunch of teens who get sent out on a honking big spaceship to find help because their planet is only a few years off suffering a catastrophic event that will pretty much destroy their world. Its only going to be "category" length, so I'm actually almost finished, I'm down to writing the climactic chapters, and hope to have it finished by this time next week. I have a possible submission opportunity all lined up, but details will come later when its all official like.
I've also been working on further edits for Escape Velocity, and I'm glad to say we're getting down to the final stages now. I hope to have a release date in the coming weeks, and maybe if I'm really lucky, a cover to go with it!
In romantic suspense news, my fabulous agent Paula is still shopping my Cedar Falls novel, and some new opportunities have arisen, so hopefully we might be able to find a home for Rick and Maddy.
So that's me for today, with plenty of work to keep me entertained!

2 comments:

Kez said...

Sounds like you've been busy!

Jess Anastasi said...

Yep, Kez, I sure have! Its good to keep busy ;) Though sometimes I think I'm too busy!