Thursday, August 14, 2014

Quick Work Update

I've been writing the 3rd Atrophy book, currently titled Diffraction, in the past few weeks, and have really enjoyed being back with the crew of the Imojenna. I always wondered if when an author got 3 or 4 books into a series, it was hard to maintain the character's voices and the feel of the original book, especially if you've been working on other books/series in between. But I have to say that getting into book 3 of the Atrophy series, it actually felt familiar and comfortable. Slipping back into that world, one I love so much, was enjoyable and easy.
However, late last week, I got second pass edits on Escape Velocity, so I had to put writing on hold and change my mind set into that series. They're both sci-fi, so I suppose it wasn't too hard to switch gears.
So far the edits are going smoothly, and I've been lucky to a great editor who totally gets my work.
I know I've said it before, but I'm really looking forward to getting my books out with Entangled, which hopefully should start happening later in the year. I'll post release dates and covers as soon as I have them.
Meanwhile, I better get back to those edits!

No comments: