Friday, November 8, 2013

NaNo Week One Report

So week one of NaNo has gone well, but that's to be expected. When taking that first run off the starter's mark, its easy to be confident, feel full of energy and think the entire race is going to be easy. By week three, or the third lap, I can tell you that's when the struggle sets in.
My goal was to write 2000 words a day, which should give me a total of 56,000 words for the month. In the first seven days, there was only one day I failed to make the 2000 word target, coming about 400 words short. However, most days I manged to get myself well over the 2000 word mark, with a couple of day producing numbers in the vicinity of 3000 words.
My total for week one was around the 17,000 word mark, which put me 3000 words ahead of the weekly targeted amount of 14,000 words.Those extra words will come in handy later, I'm sure.
Also,  have succumb to the silliness of Bitstrips on Facebook, and this was my contribution earlier in the week.
I'll be reporting back for week two, and might even treat myself to a Monday Muse again next week. In the meantime, I have words to write!

No comments: