Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Muse - Damon Salvator/Ian Somerhalder

I can't think of any better way to begin a week than staring at this guy -->
And one of the reason I decided to start this week off with Damon as my muse is because in last week's episode of The Vampire Diares, he delievered my new favorite line of dialogue:

"If you're gonna be bad, be bad with purpose."

Awesome.
And left me wondering, why can't I come up with witty snaps for my characters like that? Ah, well, maybe one day...
In the meantime, gratuitous shirtless pic. And with bed-hair to boot.
But while I'm here, I might as well gush over how much I'm enjoying this season of The Vampire Diaries. I've always loved this show, I mean, who doesn't get sucked into a good vampire love triangle (except the torturous drivel that was Twilight. Though I suppose technically that was a vampire-human-warewolf love triangle).
This season, those of us sitting firmly on the Team Damon side of the field have been rewarded with some Damon-Elana action at last, even though the whole "sire bond" thing muddies the waters a little. Okay, more than a little. And I really love that in the last few episodes Stephan has hooked up with Rebecca. There's something really right about those two being together (at least in my mind) though I'm sure that fragile and likely dysfunctional relationship will combust at some point.
I can't imagine where the writers are going to go in the second half of this season, with everyone out searching for a cure to being a vampire. And since I have to assume the CW will want this show to continue for as many seasons as the fans will remain loyal with their viewer ratings, I can't imagine the end will be the characters finding the cure, turning back into humans and living happily ever after. I'm also pessimistic enough to say that something will probably eventually destroy Damon and Elana's relationship, even though I'd really prefer them to stay together.
So here's me, sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting to see what will happen... and contemplating whether I'll ever be able to come up with my own awesome bad-boy dialogue. 

No comments: