Sunday, November 18, 2012

Idea Overload

Since I've done no writing to speak of in the past months, its probably not very surprising to find that my over-active brain needs to find other ways to compensate for the high-octane creative output its been used to before now.
This seems to manifest in an overload of extremely vivid dreams, entirely new concepts coming to me at the oddest moments (like while I'm stirring the rice when making dinner, or trying to get my kids into the bath), or coming up with scenes and plots for projects I already have on the go.
I have an ideas notebook that I scribble (and I literally mean scribble) these ideas down in, and I can tell you, in the past weeks, both that notebook and my pens have been getting more of a work out than they have in the past twelve to eighteen months before this. I have no idea when or if I'll ever get around to executing  these many and varied ideas, but I can never complain that I don't have anything to write about!

2 comments:

Tez Miller said...

Just as long as you can read your scribbles, everything will be fine ;-)

Jess Anastasi said...

Sometimes I do have trouble reading my own writing... but I like the process of writing my ideas in a notebook, its different from the mechanics of actually sitting at my computer and writing the book :)