Monday, October 1, 2012

Writer, Interrupted

I've spent the last few months working on a romantic suspense, which I sent to my agent a couple of weeks ago. After that, I fiddled with a few ideas, trying to decide what I was going to work on next. I like the idea of finishing another book before the end of the year, but due to some changes in my home situation, I don't know if that will be possible since as of this week, my writing time will be severely limited.
I toyed with the idea of fixing up another half-written romantic suspense I had sitting on my hard-drive from a few years ago, and even started editing it (oh man, does it need A Lot of editing!), but then I realized what I really felt like doing was going back to the second Atrophy book, tentatively titled Quantum. At 43,000 words, I need to write about another 50,000 to get the second book in my sci-fi romance series finished.
With my other books (hopefully, or likely to be) going out on submission pretty soon, depending on when I get a contract, I might be required to drop everything to do revisions on one of those books anyway. So I have to cut myself some slack and admit that just maybe I won't get another book finished by the end of the year, but its not like I haven't been doing any work!

1 comment:

Kez said...

Yay that you're going back to the Atrophy series!

I don't think anyone could ever say you do nothing :)