Sunday, October 7, 2012

Progress and No Progress

The interruptions continued this week (suppose I should get used to it for the time being!) and I only wrote a measly 1500 words for the whole week. And even those were hard to come by. So not much progress on the writing front, and as I may have mentioned in my last post, I've given up on the idea of finishing another book before the end of the year.
But in other areas of my work, things are starting to happen! My agent is at last sending my Necrohunters manuscript out on submission. So for that reason it was a very exciting week. I know its probably going to be weeks, if not months before we hear anything, but my imagination was still running wild with who might offer for the book and what they might offer... though yes, there is always the chance no-one will offer, in which case it'll be back to the drawing board. Luckily I've sent my agent two other completed manuscripts, one a romantic suspense and the other my sci-fi romance Atrophy. Surely we will be able to sell at least one of them to get my new career off the ground?
I must say though, it is a bit weird (but weird in a good way) to have someone else doing the submitting on my behalf and getting the information second hand... since I'm a bit of a control freak at times, handing the reins over to someone else is a pretty big deal. But I know I'll get used to it pretty quickly, and I admit I'm really enjoying just being able to concentrate on my writing and not having to worry about where my next contract it coming from.
So that's what I'm off to do now (even though its Sunday). I'm going to write at least a couple of thousand words to make up for the lack of numbers earlier in the week.

2 comments:

Kez said...

Fingers crossed that the Necrohunters find a home :)

Jess Anastasi said...

Thanks, Kez, I really hope so too... and sooner rather than later! I've never been very good at the whole waiting side of things :D