Monday, October 15, 2012

Just Finished Reading... Born To Darkness by Suzanne Brockmann

I've been a faithful Suzanne Brockmann reader for more years than I can remember. Personally, I don't think anyone writes a romantic suspense like her, and every time I pick up one of her books, I know I'm in for a page-turner I won't be able to put down.
So when I found out about her new series -- Fighting Destiny -- which is a story of her usual suspense, but with paranormal elements, to say I was excited would be a massive understatement.
This book has been out since March, but for various reasons, I didn't manage to get my hands on it until last week. Now, I told myself I was only going to read bits at a time. I was going to make it last. I wasn't going to sit up until the ridiculously early hours of the morning pushing through one more chapter while my eyes drooped.
Well, I might as well have said the earth was going to start rotating backwards.
And I am going to say that Born To Darkness was the best book I've read in years. And I don't say that lightly.
There was something about this book that felt fresh, and maybe it was simply because Brockmann was working on something new that excited her.
If you're a long time follower of this blog, you'll remember my disappointment in the last few Ghostwalker books Christine Feehan had written. These two books have a similar concept and I'll admit, the first few books in the Ghostwalker series were really good, I still have them and have re-read them a few times.
But Born To Darkness literally blows the Ghostwalkers out of the water.
I've stalked various websites, trying to get some gossip on when then next book might be coming out, but to no avail. All I know is that when it does come out, I'll be waiting very impatiently to see if book number two is as good as the first. 

No comments: