Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Just Finished Wathcing.... The Walking Dead

Not the entire series, just the pilot and second episode. And I can't decide whether or not I like this TV show. I loved how it started, with the whole Zombie-apocalypse happening while the main character, sheriff's deputy Rick Grimes, is unconscious from a gunshot injury. Yes, I am intrigued by the premise and the characters, but my biggest problem that I don't know if I can overcome to continue watching?
The Zombies freak me the heck out.
I can watch a lot of scary stuff without batting an eyelid -- let's face it, Supernatural isn't exactly PG rated and once upon a time I would never have missed an episode of the X-Files. I honestly can't remember ever seeing anything on either of these shows that scared me enough to no longer want to watch.
But the Zombies on The Walking Dead? I don't know, there's just something about them that really gets me. So I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the third episode, even though people have been raving about this show. And I'd really like to see the part where Rick is reunited with his wife, son, and best friend, who, coincidentally, is having an affair with the wife... although I guess they don't see it that way since they think Rick is dead.
Maybe if the Zombies become a less-prominent feature in the show and it ends up revolving around the characters and their survival more, I could bring myself to watch it. However at this stage, I'm not brave enough to find out.
Oh, and one other thing. I just need to know, in these types of TV shows/movies, why is the poor defenseless horse always the first one to die?

3 comments:

Kez said...

I cannot do zombies at all. I almost couldn't finish reading your post my skin was (and still is0 crawling that badly!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Ah, zombies. You either love them or don't. But the visual on the show can be quite gruesome. I've watched some episodes from season 2. I do think it does have character development in the show, but it also shows zombies and them having to survive. I may go back and watch from the beginning so it all makes sense to me.

Jess Anastasi said...

LOL Kez, I know how you feel. Imagine trying to watch it. I spent a lot of the two episodes with my hands in front of my face.
Yes, Eleni. I've found people do seem to either love them or hate them. I'm kind of on the fence. I'll watch them if they're in Supernatural or something, but I don't think The Walking Dead is going to join the list of my favorite TV shows, even if I do bring myself to watch any more of it.