Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Guest Author Tamara Gill

Because I've quite obviously been very slack lately about posting regularly, today I've got a guest visiting -- historical romance author Tamara Gill. In my humble opinion, she's been blessed with one of the most gorgeous regency covers I've ever seen. So let's take a look and see what Tamara has been up to...


Welcome! Please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about who you are.
Hi Jess, thanks so much for having me on my second blog hop stop. I’m an Aussie author addicted to historical periods. I write Regency and time travel romance.

Please tell us a bit about your book.
A Marriage Made in Mayfair is about a woman who’s looking for love, but it seems in the wrong social sphere. The hero who’s much more haute ton than the heroine doesn’t think so and sets out to win her. You’ll have to read the book to find out anymore. ;p

What was the motivation/idea behind this book/these characters?
I don’t know really. An idea just popped into my mind and I went with it. I liked the idea of a very wealthy woman instead of a very wealthy man. My hero in the novella is near ruin and needs to marry a rich lady. It was fun writing a reverse roll. Most regencies have the hero saving the heroine. A Marriage Made in Mayfair is the opposite.

Did you enjoy writing this book, or did you have some tough times with it?
I had a very tough time. In fact, I wanted to throw it in the bin a few times. I fell pregnant and my muse disappeared and wouldn’t come back. It wasn’t until after I had my daughter that my muse returned. She hasn’t left my side since. ;p

When / Where / How do you write?
Sporadically in my office or I may edit watching TV with the hubs at night. I try and fit it in between nappy changes, sleeping times and school drop off and pick up’s. Not to mention the kids sports…Gosh, I wonder when I get the time at all reading that!

Do you have some other qualification/interest/something else you do besides being a writer?
Not really. I like to read and travel. I’m planning a trip back to England. I want to take my kids there, but that’s a couple of years away yet.

  What book/s are you reading at the moment?
Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. I know, not an historical but I’m enjoying it. It’s something different and fresh. Also on my bedside table is Gena Showalter’s The Darkest Seduction. Hello Paris mmmm.

  What are you working on right now?
I’m editing a manuscript Penguin Australia have asked for, I have until the end of the month to get it back to them. I’m also waiting on edits for my Regency time travel, A Stolen Season and Medieval time travel, Defiant Surrender due any day. I have editing coming out of my ears. When I get a chance, I work on my paranormal novella titled Banished about a goddess and druid. It’s quite different from what I’ve written before but it’s a lot of fun.

Do you have any other books out you'd like to mention?
To Sin with Scandal – Naughty Regency nibble
A Captain’s Order – A Duke’s Command – Regency Novella

Both of these titles are available through Noble Romance Publishing and online stores.


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!

Blurb:
Miss Suzanna March wished for one thing: the elusive, rakish charmer, Lord Danning. But after a frightful first season such dreams are impossible. That is until she returns to London, a new woman, and one who will not let the ton's dislike of her stand in her way of gaining what she wants: revenge on the Lord who gave her the cut direct…

Lord Danning, unbeknown to his peers, is in financial strife and desperate to marry an heiress. Such luck would have it Miss Suzanna March fits all his credentials and seduction in his plan of action. Yes, the woman who returned from Paris is stronger, defiant, and a little argumentative, but it does not stop Lord Danning finding himself in awe and protective of her.

But will Suzanna fall for such pretty words from a charmer? Or will Lord Danning prove to Suzanna and himself that she is more than his ticket out of debtor's prison...?


~Excerpt~
“Suzanna, I do apologize. Here,” Royce said, leaning down and pulling her to stand. “I would never have barged in had I known you were standing behind the door.” He watched her right her clothes as best she could before she turned, sauntered over to a basin of water, and tried to wipe the remains of her dinner from her gown.
Suzanna glared at him over her shoulder as a blob of sauce dropped and splattered onto the floor. “My clothes are already soiled, so landing on the floor for a second time this evening will not matter.”
His eyes stole over her ruined apparel and the sad, unsure woman he had known last year stared back at him across the room. An ache settled in his chest at the dishevelled picture she made. All of which was his fault. Had he not tried to fluster her by touching her leg, she would not have suffered such humiliation.
“I apologize if my actions earlier this night upset you to the point you spilled—”
“My drink. All over the table before falling on my backside in front of the dinner guests I was trying to impress. Since,” she walked over to him and poked his chest with a finger, “the society I had initially graced wanted naught to do with me and all because of a certain pompous, arrogant, high-in-the-instep lord.”
Royce sighed. Her tone did not bode well for his plan to win Suzanna and make her his wife. “Like I said, I apologize. Perhaps for me to make amends, you would agree to a ride in the park tomorrow. I believe the weather is to be congenial.”
“Unlike the company,” she stated, with a narrow, piercing stare that could have turned him to ash on the Aubusson rug beneath his boots.
“There's no need to be….” Her eyes narrowed further as Royce cut off what he was about to say. He doubted his suggestion that she should be polite would place her in a more pleasant mood.

7 comments:

maryde said...

Hi Tamara.
I absolutely love the cover of your new book. I agree with you ... when do you find time to write.
Great to be here and thanks Jess for the hosting.
Good luck with your new release.

Tamara Gill said...

Thanks Mary for stopping by and the good wishes!! I appreciate it.

Tam :D

Barbara Elsborg said...

This does sound GOOD!!!! Congrats!!!

Tamara Gill said...

LOL. Thank you, Barbara!

Good luck with the draw.

Tam :D

Juanita Kees said...

Hi Tamara

Lovely reading more about Marriage Made in Mayfair. I'm looking forward to reading it soon. The cover is stunning! Good luck and all the best :D

Tamara Gill said...

Thank you, Juanita!!!

And yes, I love the cover as well, it's so beautiful.
Thanks for stopping by.

Tam :D

Desere said...

This book sounds absolutely stunning I simply must read it !