Sunday, June 24, 2012

Atrophy Resurrected!

Its Sunday morning here in Australia, and where I live, we woke up to a gray, rainy morning. Not surprising considering we're smack bang in the middle of winter (oh god, I hate the cold. Bring back summer!). This year, I had taken a vow of rest for Sundays, not because that's what God said, but because I figured I should have at least one day a week where I'm not writing/editing/revising/emailing/internetting/plotting/researching... and all other sundries that go with being a writer. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule, like if I'm on a deadline and really need to get the work done.
But yesterday I at last finished the revisions/re-writes I'd been doing for my agent and brought up the subject of Atrophy with her.
For those of you who missed the "Atrophy" period, this was the sci-fi romance manuscript that almost made it, but never did. I won't rehash all the details, but aside from Atrophy nearly selling several times, it was also my one true "baby". Yes, I am attached to all my manuscripts in different ways, but there was always something about Atrophy that I loved more than anything else I'd ever written.
So, my agent is interested in reading it, I suppose being a completed work, it gives her something else to shop around as well as the Necrohunter book I've just finished.
Getting back to my original point, I don't usually work on Sundays, but being a cold rainy day, I can't think of any better way to spend it than reading through Atrophy. I have a few things to fix, after getting some great feedback about this book from Erika Tsang at Avon, from pitching it to her at the RWAus conference last year.
I can tell you, I'm extremely happy to be working on Atrophy again. Not only that, but I'm looking forward to seeing if my agent can find a home for it after all this time!

4 comments:

Tez Miller said...

So awesome that you met & pitched to Erika Tsang! :-)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Fingers crossed for Atrophy

Kez said...

Fingers crossed that Atrophy finds its home.

Jess Anastasi said...

Meeting Erika was great, Tez, pity she didn't feel Atrophy was right for Avon!
And yes, Eleni and Kez, I've got everything crossed that Atrophy is at last going to find a home!