Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Currently Reading... Song of Scarabaeus by Sara Creasy

Blurb:
Trained since childhood in advanced biocyph seed technology by the all-powerful Crib empire, Edie's mission is to terraform alien worlds while her masters bleed the outlawed Fringe populations dry. When renegade mercenaries kidnap Edie, she's not entirely sure it's a bad thing . . . until they leash her to a bodyguard, Finn—a former freedom fighter-turned-slave, beaten down but never broken. If Edie strays from Finn's side, he dies. If she doesn't cooperate, the pirates will kill them both.

But Edie's abilities far surpass anything her enemies imagine. And now, with Finn as her only ally as the merciless Crib closes in, she'll have to prove it or die on the site of her only failure . . . a world called Scarabaeus.


 I love a god sci-fi romance, as most of you already know, and this one by Sara Creasy has not been a disappointment. In fact, I think the last time I enjoyed a SFR this much, it was a Linnea Sinclair book, who always hits the mark for me. The only downside is because of my limited time, I'm only reading in snatches, when I'd prefer to just spend a whole day on the couch and do nothing but be immersed in this well-rounded book. I'm about two-thirds of the way through and have the second book, Children of Scarabaeus all ready to go. 


As for this year's SFR challenge, which I've failed to mention since I put it up in the side bar ( --> ) I'm past five titles and heading for ten. With any luck I should achieve the Moon Reading challenge, though if I had more time, I could have easily made the Venus level at 25 SFR titles. But, I've got my own work to do and that's never been more important than now that I have an agent to work with. 


Speaking of which, I have a lot of work to do on revising my Shadow Hunter book, which is no longer going to be called the Shadow Hunters. I'm about a quarter of the way through, but I'm re-writing some entirely new scenes from scratch, so it's going to be a few weeks before I have a whole manuscript again. Stay tuned for news of the new series name, title, etc and where this book will end up finding a home. In the meantime, I have lots of work to do!

No comments: