Monday, April 2, 2012

Few and Far Between

Yes, blog posts from me are a bit spotty at the moment, but that's just because I'm so gosh-darn busy.
I'm still doing major revisions on my Shadow Hunter novel, but thankfully am nearly finished with those. Usually I just edit on the computer, but I decided for a change I was going to print out the whole 315 page manuscript and edit it by hand, which I have not done for years. It has been a refreshing change, I think I'm finding things that otherwise might have slipped my notice. However, it does seem to be very slow going. Nonetheless, I'm now down to the last pages and am hoping to get the manuscript back to the interested party within the week. So hopefully I might have some exciting news on that front in the coming months.
In the meantime...
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!
I am so very pleased to finally be able to tell you all that I have been offered a contract by Red Sage Publishing for a sci-fi romance novella, titled Escape Velocity. This is Kai and Sacha's story, that I wrote months ago for an Avon Impulse anthology. Well, obviously Avon didn't take it, but Red Sage jumped at it.
I sent them a query and less than a week later I got a very enthusiastic email back from one of their editors. They wanted to offer me a contract, but I needed to make some minor adjustments... which I gladly did. I have to say, I was over the moon about getting an offer from Red Sage. Its another e-book contract, yes, but it feels like a step up in the world. Red Sage have quite a good reputation and some of their authors are New York Times best-sellers. Some authors I've been reading for years, like Liz Maverick and Angela Knight, have pieces published with them. So the thought that my name and book will be up on the same publisher's site as theirs makes me giddy.
So I've started writing another book for Red Sage, in the same world as Escape Velocity. Actually, I'm nearly half way through. And the other day I came up with an idea that could work for a third book, so as well as the stories I plan to write for Noble, I've got more than enough to keep me busy. I think if I get the contract from this third publisher for my Shadow Hunter novel, I'll be set for at least a couple of years and maybe I'll at last be able to find myself an agent.
So for my career plan this year of spreading myself around and getting more market exposure through multiple publishers, things are really on track.
And now I have some pages to go and slash with my green pen (no red for me!). Stay tuned, I'm waiting on a cover for Heart of the Warlord, which is coming out on the 16th of April, and am expecting to get it in the next couple of days.

No comments: