Friday, March 23, 2012

Radio Silence

Where have I been? Its been over ten days since I last posted, its unusual for me to go so long without having something to say. Truthfully, I have written half a post (with pictures) on some of my favorite kick-ass TV fight scenes, so hopefully I might be able to get that up at some point in the near future.
Otherwise I've been busy, busy, busy. I have been offered a new contract with a new publishing company which I'm very excited about, but I'm keeping the details of who, what, were and how quiet until everything is signed and locked in place. They asked for some revisions so that kept me busy for a little while.
And then, in the same week, I got another email from another, bigger publishing company about my Shadow Hunters novel. They did not offer me a contract, however, the lovely editor wrote me a two page email of suggested revisions. If I chose to take them on and re-submit directly to her, then a contract may be forthcoming if I can bring the book up to where they'd like to see it.
So I've spent the past three weeks tearing apart and putting back together my Shadow Hunter novel. I had to entirely re-write some chapters. But I could see where the suggested revisions would make the plot and characters stronger. I've done a lot of work on the book in the last fee weeks. However, in the past days, I had to take a break from it because I'd gotten to the point where I felt like I'd started destroying the book, not improving it. Instead I started writing a brand new sci-fi space opera romance for the new mystery publisher I'm yet to reveal.
As you can see, I've got more than enough work to keep me busy, so apologies in advance if blog posts here remain few and far between.

1 comment:

Kez said...

Congrats and good luck! You certainly sound like you have enough to keep you busy!