Monday, January 9, 2012

Good Start

I know we're just a bit over a week into 2012, but I have to say, I'm quite happy with how my new career plan is panning out. Now that I have a clear direction, its making things a lot easier. And with two different projects on the go, and enthusiasm in spades, the words are flowing pretty easily at this stage. In the coming weeks I plan to get my current novella finished, and then will put it aside. In the meantime, I'm going to edit the first three chaps of my new young adult book and sub it to the publisher, before going on to finish it while I wait to hear if the editor wants to see the entire manuscript. Once it's finished, I'll be putting it aside to go back and edit the novella, and then send it to the specific publisher I wrote it for. I've found working on 2 projects at a time much more efficient. It seems helpful if I break from something and then later edit it with fresh eyes. And it seems to work even better when I've been writing something totally different in the meantime.
So as it stands, the career plan seems to have come together quite well. I guess a few months down the track with prove whether or not its going to yield some results.

1 comment:

Eleni Konstantine said...

Brilliant, Jess. Glad you found a system that is working for you.