Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Timeless Desire Blog Tour Week Three - Guest Author Bryl R Tyne


Today we have with us Bryl R Tyne and one lucky reader will have the chance to win a nifty swag pack. So don't forget to leave a comment. And now, without further ado...

Welcome! Please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about who you are.

I'm Bryl R. Tyne, I most often write gritty, sexy, gay fiction featuring dysfunctional men who find love despite themselves. I've never met a "misfit" or a dog I didn't like.


What was the motivation/idea behind this book/these characters? 

Timeless Desire and Halloween. Add a dash of Russian history and a liberal smidge of man on man loving, and voilá, you have IMMORTAL.

Did you enjoy writing this book, or did you have some tough times with it? 

IMMORTAL tested my mettle as a writer and my integrity. I cannot tell you how important it is to me that I say what I mean and mean what I say, but I'd overbooked myself and basically got myself in too deep. Thankfully, the publisher was willing to give me a small extension to get this story finished! (Thank you, Jill!) Other than that, yes, I enjoyed writing this one, even if it has vampires in it! Halloween does that to me. Each year around this time, I find myself thinking of vampires, never anytime else though.
 
When / Where / How do you write? 

Anytime I get a chance/Anyplace that I can plug my laptop in/Lots of music, loud, LOUD music.
       
Do you have some other qualification/interest/something else you do besides being a writer? 

I edit and also work in the printing industry as an advertising coordinator.

What book/s are you reading at the moment? 

Right now I've got Damon Suede's Hot Head open, Aleks Voinov's Dark Soul I almost finished, Entertainment for a Master by John Preston partially read, and How to Self-Edit about halfway through.

Do you have any authors who were your inspiration/hero? 

Not really. I read little as a child and only required reading as a teen. Nothing for 28 yrs afterward and only recently discovered m/m books, which I'm an avid reader of now. But I was writing the stuff before I'd read it.

What are you working on right now? 

I'm working on my first attempt at Horror in my Anguish series for Riptide, and at the same time, writing my first Lesbian erotica for Noble Romance.

Do you have any other books out you'd like to mention? 

I have another slightly different kind of vampire tale, this one a bit more satirical, out with Riptide Publishing, called DIVINITY. I hope you check it out alongside IMMORTAL.



IMMORTAL by Bryl R. Tyne

Blurb:

Found abandoned as a child and taken in by the Nevsky clan, the man Ivis now feels the call of the water, the sea, but Sefton and his family, one of the most influential vampire bloodlines in Russia, isn't about to let Ivis go. As Ivis's powers grow stronger—powers unknown to him—Sefton's instructed to detain Ivis at all costs to tilt in his clan's favor the balance of power in an endless struggle between the Bogdanov water gods and Nevsky vampires. Sefton's left with a choice: power or love. Which is the greater desire?

Link to excerpt: http://bryltyne.com/excerpt-immortal-by-bryl-r-tyne
Author Website: http://bryltyne.com
Buy Link: https://www.nobleromance.com/Books?author=59


CONTEST: Leave a comment to win a Bryl R. Tyne Swag-pack!

Continue the tour by clicking the Noble Tour button

Thanks for visiting, Bryl, and good luck to everyone who enters to win the swag!

10 comments:

Kathryn Merkel said...

I like my music on the loud side too. Good thing I don't live in an apartment, or my neighbors would be reporting me for disturbing the peace.

drainbamaged.gyzmo at gmail.com

booklover0226 said...

The interview was a great read. I bought Hot Head the other day; I can't wait to read it.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Carol L. said...

I have Immortal and Divinity on my TRL and wish list. Thanks for the interview Bryl and I received my swag pack from you the other day. Thank you. :)
Carol L
Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

Gabrielle Lee said...

Great interview. thanks for sharing. Great blurb. this book is on my tbr list.

Gabrielle
meingee@yahoo.com

Bryl R. Tyne said...

Thank you all for dropping by. :)

Andrea said...

You are the opposite of me. I read constantly as a child. I stopped when I was raising my kids, but can do so again.

ainfinger(at)comcast(dot)net

shadow_kohler said...

I started reading in my early teens and since then, ive consumed all the romances i can get my hands on. ;) I like my music a bit loud also. Great interview! Your book sounds wonderful! Thanks!
Happy (early) Thanksgiving! ;)
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

CelticAmazon said...

Loud music is good especially when I'm trying to exercise.
Enjoyed your interview and loved the covers.
Patricia
panthers.ravens@yahoo.com

Amy S. said...

Immortal sounds great! Happy Thanksgiving!

amysmith98(@)gmail.com

paparanormalfan said...

Hello Bryl,
Thank you for being interviewed, spending time with your Fans & also telling us about your new release IMMORTAL, it is going on my TBR List! I am a big Fan of your writing, I have been hooked since reading TOUGH GUY & just knew anything you releases was going to be a MUST Read!!!
Wishing You & Your a Very Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Writing,
Renee' S.
paranormalromancefan@yahoo.com