Monday, November 14, 2011

Stories Really Do Have a Life of Thier Own

I've been working on my "CP novella", named that because I intend to submit it to Carina Press and don't have a title for it yet. I hadn't done any work on it over the weekend, since I wrote the first two chapters last week.
I sat down today and started writing chapter three, where we meet the heroine for the first time, though, as it is a novella, chapter three is only 5000 words or approx 20 pages in. This was all well and good, but as the heroine started revealing her story to me, I realized that things were becoming bigger than I'd intended them to be. The other character my heroine brought with her also have me intrigued and I'm seeing more books popping in the future. It seems I just can't help but turn everything I think of into a series. But then, who doesn't love a good series?
So it seems my "CP novella" had inadvertently become a "CP novel." I don't have a length in mind, I'm just going to write and see where I end up.
Stay tuned for this week's installment of the Timeless Desire blog tour. Tomorrow I have Keva D stopping by, followed by JS Wayne on Wednesday. There are prizes to be won and lots of fun to be had!

2 comments:

Pommawolf Emeraldwolfeyes said...

sounds wonderful, and I love a good series that I can really get into...*S*
Looking forward to reading your books..*S*
Wishing you the best in your writing!

Darcy
pommawolf @hotmail.com

DA Kentner said...

Looking forward to our time together, Jess. See you tomorrow. ~~ David/KevaD