Friday, August 12, 2011

Day Two Romance Writers Australia Conference

Day two over and done with and while I didn't participates as much in workshops today, I'm still exhausted! Another great day today, so much fun I barely have words. I picked my critique partner up from the airport first thing this morning and from there the day was another blur of people and talking shop.
I had my pitch appointment with Erika Tsang from Avon just before lunch and went with my heart, though I knew it might be a risk. I talked to her about Atrophy and she requested the first 100 pages and a synopsis. Very exciting!
Late tomorrow afternoon I have the last pitch of the day and the entire weekend with Kristin Nelson and have taken some of the terror out of that. After I left my appointment with Erika I was lucky enough to bump into Kristin outside in the foyer, so took the opportunity to introduce myself.
This weekend has far exceeded my expectations. I knew it was going to be fun, but I didn't realize how much it would totally blow me away. I've always been enthusiastic about my work, but this has launched me into the realms of hyper.
Getting into things this week will be both hard and easy. Hard, because I think it'll be difficult to settle my mind back down into a work-state after having so much free fun, and easy because this has bolstered my confidence and enthusiasm.
And now I really need to go rest.
I have the awards dinner tomorrow night, so I probably won't do a conference wrap up post until Monday, I'm sure I'll have lots to say though!

1 comment:

Eleni Konstantine said...

Well done on the pitches Jess.