Friday, July 15, 2011

Quick Update

Four weeks to go until the RWAus conference and I can't decide if I'm extremely excited or so nervous I want to puke. Though I've been a member of RWA for 8 years, this will be my first conference. Because I registered late I missed out on applying for the pitch appointments, some of which included Kristen Nelson of Nelson agency (one of the top agents on my list) and Erika Tsang, editor at Avon Romances. But I got a spot on a waiting list, so if any cancellations come up with either of these two, I might get my chance. I'm looking forward to going and putting faces to names of people I regularly chat to through RWA.
In other news, I'm getting all the technical stuff done for Singularity (and yes, that now is the official title we're going with) and am hoping to get a release date in the coming week or so. I've also been getting through Sinner, which is Drayke and Leandra's story, doing a bit on Cadmiel's novella for the anthology that goes along with the November blog tour I'm involved in, and also writing some of my Shadow Hunter novel (which is the book I would pitch at the conference if I happened to get an appointment.)
So as you can see, I'm keeping myself very busy. I've never worked on 3 separate projects at once in a sustained fashion like this before. I am enjoying it, though I'm hoping I don't burn myself out. I've been writing a minimum of 2000 to 3000 words every day. But I guess I shouldn't worry, I'll be taking a forced break from writing once the edits for Singularity come in.
I've got queries out with two agents (the last two I plan on querying) for Atrophy and  I'm still waiting to hear from Certain Publisher about it. But I've moved my focus onto my Shadow Hunter novel. All the energy I was putting into waiting and wondering was just exhausting, so I decided I couldn't do that anymore. I've been focusing that energy on my Shadow Hunter book with the thought of "if this doesn't get me an agent, I don't know what will!"
It looks like later in the year I'll be getting back on the query roundabout with yet another project... guess I've got to finish the thing first. So I should probably go do that.

No comments: