Friday, July 8, 2011

Hacked!

I checked my email first thing this morning to find I'd been hacked and a whole bunch of spam had been sent on my behalf. Ergh! I was so frustrated. I thought that if your password was made up of a combination of letters and numbers, it made it less likely this would happen. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Anyway, the worst thing about this is knowing all the agents and editors on my contact list (which, the way my spam folder is set up, anything that's not from a contact automatically goes bye-bye, so I need to make sure agents are on my contact list if I don't want their response to my queries to become cyber trash) who would have gotten this spam email from me. I know its not really my fault, but its still kind of embarrassing!
So I've started off this morning a bit stressed out.
But, at least at the moment my current manuscripts aren't stressing me out. The words are flowing and I'm having an easy time of it. I always try to enjoy this kind of run as much as I can, because I know that my mood can easily swing back the other way and then it'll be a chore trying to get even the simplest words onto the page.
I started working on my novella for the Noble Romance Authors Blog Tour I'm doing in November. Its going to be about 10,000 words long, so I should have it done in a week or so. I decided to make it part of my Sanctuary series. Its going to be called Saviour and is based on Cadmiel, the angel of destiny, who appeared briefly in the first book, Sanctuary.
Drayke and Leandra's story is coming along well enough. I'll be starting chapter five today.
I've also decided I want to put some serious energy into my Shadow Hunter novel. Even though I'd done a lot of research and written a chapter and a half, I had been resisting getting into it because I have so many other projects on the go. And because I hadn't been willing to accept defeat when it came to Atrophy. Okay, maybe that's the wrong way of putting it. Maybe I need to say something more along the lines of reassessing my publishing strategy. Anyway, however you want to see it, I've decided that I've queried Atrophy to death and can't do anything else about it, so its time to write something else and start the process all over again.
And I had promised myself that this year I would land an agent. It hit me the other day that sitting on my hands, waiting for a handful of agents and one editor to get back to me wasn't being very proactive toward that end. The year is half gone, if I'm going to achieve my goal for the year, I really need to get my butt into gear. So the plan is to see Drayke and Leandra's story through, get Cadmiel's novella written and then focus on the Shadow Hunter novel, which I'm aiming to make about 90,000 to 100,000 words long.
So I have a lot of work to do, but right now, I'm really looking forward to the prospect of it all.

1 comment:

Eleni Konstantine said...

Damn hackers! I'm waving my fist at them for you, Jess.

Good luck with the new publishing strategy. :)