Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Lovely Review For Sanctuary

And it also happens to be the first review for Sanctuary!
I can't believe I forgot to post this up here when I got it, so this is kind of old news. A few weeks back I got a great review over at Joyfully Reviewed. I was actually surprised and very touched by this review, and I actually agree with the reviewer's sentiments that she wished Tori and A'albiel had more time to get to know each other. But I wrote it as a novella, so I guess there was only limited time I could spend on the getting-to-know-you stage. Maybe one day I'll be able to add in the scenes I left out, plus a few more and turn it into a full-length book.
Nonetheless, here's a few quotes from the review:

"Although Sanctuary is a well mapped out story, the plot is filled with lots of surprises because the author is very good at not giving anything away."

"There’s enough action to keep the story flowing fast forward, and then unexpectedly, the romance blooms and explodes all over the place until your heart is filled with such warm fuzzy feelings you’ll feel as if you’re going to explode from the warmth flooding your heart by the end."

"Best of all, I liked the unyielding element of timeless romance that played and tugged at my heartstrings. This is a lovely read for all the die-hard romantics and angel fans, and everyone else, too."

To read the review in full, go here:

http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/sanctuary-by-jess-anastasi

And while we're in the Sanctuary universe, here's an update on Marc and Charmeine's story: I've gotten past the half way mark, so now its a matter of counting down. I've got about 25,000 words left to write, hoping to have it done in the next couple of week.

No comments: