Saturday, June 11, 2011

Couldn't Help Myself

As you can see by the wordcount meter down the page, I'm 45,000 words into Marc and Charmeine's story. Its going well enough at the moment, my crit partner hasn't picked up any major problems so far. Though, we'll see what my other crit partner and editor think about it before making any broad, sweeping statements about how its really coming along.
Meanwhile, the other morning I woke up feeling energized because another new idea had come to me over night. I'm feeling particularly excited about this story because its not like anything I've tried to write before, its more Urban Fantasy and doesn't actually have that much romance in it. There will be some, of course, because I think that sort of tension in a story can take it to another level.
I started out doing some research for it and it's only fired my imagination further. I knew the paranormal subject the story is based around would have quite a bit of myth, speculation and history to it, but I've still been surprised at the depth and variety I found, which fostered even more ideas. I'm keeping hush about it now because I don't want to invest too much in this story since I have several other projects pending with agents and editors. But this book is demanding attention, so I'm attempting to find a balance between passion and where the muse is directing me, and the projects I'm already committed to. At least I'm not sitting here twiddling my thumbs with no inspiration or words to write.
That being said, I should get back to Marc and Charmeine. Happy writing and reading for the weekend!
Okay, if you really want a clue, I'm calling this new idea my Shadow Hunters series, but that's all I'll say on the project for now.

2 comments:

Tez Miller said...

Ooh, am interested in hearing more about these Shadow Hunters :-)

Jess Anastasi said...

All in good time, the details will be revealed *insert evil laugh here*.
Seriously though, if I can put in some decent work on it (got to find time in an already tight schedule) then I'll be more than willing to share all the tiniest details!