Saturday, May 7, 2011

Really AWOL This Time

I can't believe its been almost a month since I last posted here. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately!) this hasn't been due to a busy life or lack of time and motivation for blogging. In actual fact, I've been having some Internet issues and have been entirely disconnected from the world. I knew I was sadly addicted to the Internet, my email, blog, facebook, msn chat, youtube, twitter (occasionally) other blogs, google and a number of other random things, but it was a serious shock to the system to be almost entirely cut off from the cyber world. I'm hoping this problem will be rectified in the near future, but its probably going to be another couple of weeks before I'm back on the air for good.
In the meantime, I got another couple of reviews:

This one for Severance:
http://www.manicreaders.com/index.cfm?disp=reviews&bookid=12328


And this fabulous one for Sanctuary:
http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/sanctuary-by-jess-anastasi

Both have made me feel motivated to get stuck into the third book. I had started it, but other things going on in my life had really interrupted my writing. In fact, I was beginning to wonder how I was ever going to get back into the swing of things. And I don't just mean the Sanctuary series, I mean writing anything. Until yesterday I hadn't done any work, no writing, no editing, no scribbling of vague ideas. The creative well was dry and it had me concerned for a minute.
Funnily enough, the very middle-of-the-road review I got for Severance actually picked me up and got me going again. So thank you to that reviewer. I know the book was only so-so in your eyes, but you made me determined to write a better book next time and got my creative motivation flowing again, so I really appreciate it. Your timing couldn't have been better!
And with those thoughts in mind, I'm off to finish writing a chapter and hopefully get another one rolling.
Blogging will probably continue being spotty for the coming weeks.

1 comment:

Tez Miller said...

I can totally sympathise with you. Last month, something went horribly wrong with the wireless, and now the Internet only works on one computer. Which I share with two other people - one of whom works from home three days a week.

Needless to say, it's cut down on my Internet time immensely. With LiveJournal & Twitter, I'm only reading stuff by authors. Because you're with Blogspot, you're in my GoogleReader, so I never miss you ;-)

But it's given me great time to catch up on reading books, so I actually feel like I'm making progress on that front ;-)