Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mmmm... Bikkies

Just made a batch of ANZAC bikkies, an Australian staple cookie. And since I'm in a sharing mood, here's the recipe:


Ingredients:

1 cup plain flour, sifted
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup caster sugar (I use raw caster sugar)
3/4 cup dessicated coconut
2 tablespoons golden syrup or treacle
125gm unsalted butter
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
2 tablespoons boiling water.


1) pre-heat oven to slow (which I worked out was about 160-170 degrees Celsius on my over, though they're all different)

2) Combine flour, oats,sugar and coconut

3) Combine butter and syrup in a saucepan and stir over low heat until melted. Add bicarb soda to water, then add to butter mixture

4) Combine wet and dry mixtures, stir well

5) Roll small portion into ball and set on tray (greased or lined with baking paper). Push dough down a little to flatten.

6) Bake in over for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

7) leave on tray to cool.

OR eat while they're warm and gooey... YUM!

In other news, the winner of my book over at HC Brown's blog was Jen B. Jen, if you're reading this, email me (on the ROMAUS loop would be fine). Congrats, Jen, hope you enjoy it!

Starting from next week, my blog is going to have something new! That's right, for the next 17 weeks, once a week I'll be featuring an interview with a romantic suspense author. The first one this week will be Marie-Nicole Ryan. The interview will be posted on Wednesday, so make sure you drop by, leave a comment, make her feel welcome!

That's it for now. I've got edits to do and ANZAC bikkies to eat.

No comments: