Friday, December 3, 2010

No Luck

Well, the results for round 2 of the Knight Agency comp were posted over night (my time) last night and I'm sorry to say I didn't make it any further. It is a bit disappointing, as I said, I had hoped to at least get through a couple of rounds.
I know that my opening pages are not my strong point, which makes it harder on me because obviously the opening pages are the ones that first have to attract the interest of an agent/editor, and then later on, the readers. I'm not really sure what I can do about my sucky opening pages. I guess I'll wait to hear back from the rest of the agents I've got queries out with and then re-evaluate in the new year as to whether I need to consider doing some re-writing before I query my next round of agents. For now, I've got more than enough to keep me busy with Noble.