Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Contest News!

Last night I sat up until midnight for a chance to get myself into the Speed Dating With Deidre competition being held over at The Knight Agency blog. The contest opened at 8am US EST time and my comment went up at 8:01. And I only just made it! I got in at 121 (the winners had to be the first 125 people to leave a comment). So I sent the first three pages of Atrophy with the assumption that, yes, I had made it, and went to bed. This morning I got up and checked their blog to find a post confirming that I was listed in the top 125... WOO!
So I should find out on Friday as to whether I've made it into the second round. Ms Knight will be whittling down the entrants to a top 25 and those people will then have to send the first 10 pages of their manuscript. The following round after that, entrants will have to send the first three chapters and the final round is a full manuscript submission.
In other news, I've got a release date for Dead Reality, it'll be coming out on the 10th of January 2011 and this morning I saw some very fabulous cover art, so hopefully I'll get the final proofs and be able to share that sometime soon.
For now, I have just over 8000 words of Severance left to write, better get to it!

1 comment:

Kez said...

Its all happening Jess! Good luck with the competition!