Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chocolaty Cover Goodness

Yes, I have discovered that seeing your cover for the first time is a lot like eating chocolate after deciding your diet's not working and gorging yourself on the creamy smoothness for the first time in weeks... or months, depending on how determined you were!

Right, enough with the blabbing... and take a look at the cover for my second book, Dead Reality. Once again, the artist, CH Scarlett, has outdone herself. If these covers don't help boost up sales, I don't know what would! This lady has some serious talent. Somehow, though I'm sure the descriptions I send to her are vague, she manages to come up with exactly what I want, only better and with more oomph! So, if she does all my covers for me for the rest of forever, I think I'd be one happy author.

And with the end of Severance in sight, hopefully it'll only be another few weeks before I'll be showing off the cover for that as well. You know, I really like being with Noble, where things happen so quickly. Its like immediate gratification. I know that if I was with one of the mainstream publishers, these sorts of things could take up to a year.

I've had an idea for another stand-alone romantic suspense and I'm feeling like I might like to write that before I get into the third Sanctuary book. Anyway, whichever one I write, I'd like to step up my game and see if I can get it down in 6 weeks, that way by the time Severance comes out, I should have yet another book ready to go. If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm planning on spending the next 12 to 18 months working my butt off to get myself solidly established.

Anyhoo, let's go enjoy some cover drooling...


6 comments:

rhiancahill said...

Congrats on another great cover. And I think your plan for the next 12 months is brilliant!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Fantastic cover Jess. Congratulations!!!

Maree Anderson said...

Yum! Very nice cover, indeed, Jess. And good luck with next round!!!

Jess Anastasi said...

Thanks everyone!
And Maree, thanks for the good luck wishes. I really don't know how far I'm going to get in TKA comp. It'd be nice to at least get through a few rounds.
But, at least I managed to get into the first 125. However, that may have been sheer dumb luck, LOL!

Wendy Godding said...

Great cover Jess, very HOT!! And well done on getting through on the first round with Knight Agency. Fingers crossed they ask to see more!

Dawn said...

Love the cover...how do you choose them? Congrats!!!