Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No News Is Good News?

I haven't heard anything from the other agents I've quried in the last 5 weeks or so, a rejection or otherwise. Some of them state it could take up to 10 weeks to hear back on a query to them, so I'm not holding my breath.
In the meantime, I'm attempting to write the second book to my Sanctuary series for Noble, titled Severance at the moment. Though the story is all there in my mind, just waiting to be written down, every time I sit down in front of my computer, I seem to find something else to do. Check my email. Stalk people on Facebook. Update my web page. Read a few blogs. Write my own blog post. Research nebula clouds. Check the seven day forecast (looks like rain on the weekend). Look up the world clock to see what time it is in Budapest. Even stare mindlessly at my desktop wallpaper (its Serenity, the Joss Whedon movie). Luckily I haven't started playing solitaire yet. Then I'd really know I was in trouble.
But now I really think I've run out of things to use as a procrastination tool. So I should at least go try to get my daily minimum of 1000 words done. Maybe I should pull the Internet plug while I'm at it, or the urge to look up this week's promos for my favorite TV shows might overwhelm me...

No comments: