Monday, November 15, 2010

Excitement!




So, I got my book cover for Sanctuary and it's gorgeous. Really! I can't believe how totally over the moon I am about it. I'm very proud and excited about being able to start flashing it all over the place from today. I can't thank the artist, CH Scarlett, enough. It's a bit scary, really. Although we were half a world away from each other, had never met or talked besides the short, vague paragraph I wrote on what I wanted on my cover, it was like we were on the same wavelength. Like somehow she saw what I saw. I only had an unclear, blurry image of what I wanted, but I knew as soon as I saw this cover, it was even better than what I'd considered.


Check out her other covers on facebook she's a very talented lady!


Seeing this has made it all very real, and makes me want to work my butt off to get Severance finished (I've got about 25,000 words left to do) so I can get it subbed and see some more beautiful cover art of my characters. And in mentioning that, I know I love this cover more than anyone else ever will, because it is mine and it is the image of my hero come to life. The likeness to what I had in my head when I was writing this book is uncanny. Like I said, scary that this is what came back to me. I think Ms Scarlett must secretly be psychic!


Right, well I have a website to update and a few places to send a copy for promo purposes. Better get to it.


9 comments:

Kylie Griffin said...

Jess, congrats on your very first cover - this milestone is something you're going to remember your whole career.

I love the colours! :-)

Again, congratulations!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Such a lovely looking cover Jess. Congrats - squeeee!!! Your FIRST cover. The cover fairies were definitely looking out for you.

Anne Whitfield - author said...

Congrats, Jess! it's really nice.

ToniL said...

Fabulous, fantastic, frabjous - what a wonderful cover. So thrilled for you, Jess.

Bet you've got it pinned up in front of you!!! And why not?

I'll be able to say "I knew her when..."

Jenny Schwartz said...

Gorgeous cover!

Kez said...

I commented on FB but have to say it again - that is so gorgeous!

Barbara Sheridan said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful.

Nicola E. Sheridan said...

Cool! it's amazing what these cover artists can do! Congrats!

sarahballance said...

I remember feeling exactly the same way about my first cover! I'm now on pins and needles waiting to see my second cover, so I can attest to one thing: that wonderful feeling doesn't fade. ;c) Congratulations on your upcoming release! The cover, of course, is STUNNING!