Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Whole Lotta Nothing

Unsurprisingly, I haven't heard anything from that agent I stupidly sent a re-query to. Fortunately, I still have other options as there are many, many other agents out there I can write to. Plus a friend of mine who already has an agent (and is building a rather successful career) gave me a referral to query her agent, so that'll be the next on my list. Still waiting to hear back from The Agent. Its been 2 weeks, so I'm at the halfway point of her stated time it usually takes to get back to people and 4 weeks away from being able to re-query if I haven't heard anything. The days really seem to be dragging on this one, I suppose because I have so much hope pinned to it.
Meanwhile, I'm plowing my way through the latest JR Ward books I hadn't read yet (Lover Avenged and Lover Mine) and am thinking of doing a total re-read from the start of the series when I'm done. That'll keep me busy. I'm also getting bits of Alastor written here and there, but obviously I'm not wearing out the keyboard in an effort to get it done like I did with Atrophy.
Spring has just started thawing winter out here and its a beautiful sunny day. So I might take my book and go get some rays in the backyard today. Can't wait until it turns into the full burn of summer, my favorite season.

1 comment:

Tez Miller said...

I'd suggest you query wildly, and start now, rather than wait for one particular agent to get back to you. Dare I quote Madonna, but time goes by so slowly for those who wait - no time to hesitate! ;-)