Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Nothing Much

That's right, I don't have much to report, but thought I'd put up a quick post anyway. Alastor is coming along, a bit slower than Atrophy did (95,000 words in 7 weeks. Am I crazy? Yes, just a little.), but I'm giving myself a bit of a break on this one. The actual demon, Alastor, is proving to be a complex character and I suppose on some level I need to make sure he's coming across the right way.
I haven't heard from my friend travelling in South Africa again, though I imagine she's too busy having fun to worry about something so mundane as the Internet and emailing little old me sitting at home in front of my computer.
I also haven't heard from The Agent. Its been a week today (not that I'm counting!) though I know she's busy with lost of queries in her inbox, according to her blog, so it could be another couple of weeks before I hear anything. If I think the wait is hard now, I don't know what I'll be like if she requests to see the first three chapters, because her response on that could take a couple of months, not a couple of weeks.
I've also been debating whether or not to send a follow-up letter to the submission I sent to Silhouette back in January, but by all accounts, all the HM&B offices have a huge backlog, so I'm not holding my breath on it. In fact, I had been considering offering that manuscript to Noble once A'albiel gets released.
Decisions, decisions!
As busy as I get sometimes, I'd much rather have a full plate than an empty one.

No comments: