Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Status Check

This morning I received a reply from one of the agents I'd queried, who said although my book sounded interesting, they thought there might be better agents out there suited to representing it. We'll see if anything comes from the other query, because I read a recent interview with that agent who said she was looking for a great new rom sus voice.
In terms of my rom sci fi, I'm flying through it at the moment. The story is just so big, has all these intriguing elements coming into it. I've just ticked over 30,000 words, after writing 7000 words between Saturday and Sunday. As I said in a previous post, I'm hoping to mostly keep up this pace so I can have a completed manuscript and be able to start editing in a matter of weeks.
So I'm off to do my 1000 words for the day and if I'm lucky, might get double that done. Happy writing!

No comments: