Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Coming Along

I haven't got as many words written in the past few days as I would have liked, partly because I had a busy weekend. But I have at least kept on track with my personal minimum of 1000 words a day. Except for yesterday. I think that was the first day in 3 weeks I'd written less than 1000 words, but I still did manage to get 949 done. Why the heck did I stop only 51 words short? That's like 2 paragraphs. Anyway, I'll make it up today and hopefully get an extra few thousand done. I've ticked over the 40,000 word mark, so I'm almost half way.
I've decided I might send off another query for SOAP today. I still haven't heard back from that other agent I queried a few weeks back, but from experience, I know sometimes you just don't hear back at all. That old 'no response means no' thing. The agent I plan on querying today is with a reputable agency, but she has only just started taking on her own clients, so I like the idea of getting in when she's looking to actively building her list. Do I think this might give me more of a chance? Damn right it does! So I'm off to draft a query letter and then get my words down for the day.

No comments: