Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Competiton Fever

I had been planning on entering the new Writing With the Stars comp that Kensington is running, but the guidelines just came out and I don't think I'm going to make it by the closing date, since I'm literally in the middle of tearing my SOAP manuscript apart and putting it back together. The manuscript I subbed to Silhouette isn't long enough and my other completed manuscripts also need the heck edited out of them to be in any decent sort of shape. I guess I could try hibernating for the next four weeks and doing nothing but writing, but with my other commitments, I don't think that would be realistic.
Nathan Bransford is having a suspense/chase scene comp, post 500 words of your suspense/chase scene in the comments section of his blog to win a query crit or phone conversation with him (do you think he'd accept international charges?) which sounds good, so I might read over my latest draft of SOAP and enter one of my suspense scenes.
I'm still waiting to hear back for the RWA Valerie Parv award, surely the results must be coming in sometime soon?
I swore to myself that I wouldn't enter next year's round of comps with RWA, which start again in September, I planned to not need to due to having an agent/publishing contract under my belt. But for all my motivation at the start of the year that I would get somewhere this year, I haven't done anywhere near as much work towards that goal as I should have.
But I suppose it will all happen in time. Just need to get this damn SOAP manuscript finished.

No comments: