Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Romance Smack Down

I haven't done any work this morning, instead I've been trying to catch up on the emails in my inbox from the Romance Writer's Australia loop.
It seems yesterday morning here in oz, one of the morning shows, Sunrise, hosted a small segment about e-book sales for Harlequin Mills and Boons going up by over 50% in the past months. Unfortunately it dissolved into the typical trash talking about Mills and Boons novels, resulting in some very pissed off RWA members. As we speak, the RWA committee and media team are working on an official response to the slander.
Obviously I'll be keeping a close eye on things to see how it all pans out. I hope RWA ends up sticking it to them.
I only WISH I could be published with an internationally based company like Harlequin Mills and Boons, no small thing to make jokes over - I should know.

No comments: