Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rainy Sunday Morning

Is there anything better than waking up to rain on a Sunday? Add a steaming cup of brewed tea from the teapot (no teabags in my house!) and some toasted rye bread fresh from the bakery this morning and I'm in heaven. I feel the inspiration to do some great writing today, the only issue being I don't know which manuscript I want to work on. I think I'll go with my young adult since I'm coming up to a climactic scene which is pivotal to the entire plot.
These past few weeks I've been judging for RWA, the Little Gems comp and First Kiss comp. That's all done and dusted now, so I've got to get back to editing for the Val Parv award. I'm about half way through editing the first few chapters again. As much as I want to be determined that this time I'll make the short list, I keep telling myself that so much of it is out of my control, all I can do is put together the best story I can and hope all judges it ends up in front of like it or at least are partial enough to score me accordingly.
Anyway, no thinking about editing or judges today, I'm off to write!

No comments: