Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Out in the World

I sent my entry into the RWA Valerie Parv award on Monday, now all I can do is sit back and wait for the results, which I guess will be in about eight weeks give or take. Today I also sent a query to The Agent (yes, back to her again). I've been procrastinating over this for weeks, I don't know why. Today all of a sudden I just thought "well, why the hell not?" So I whipped up a query letter and sent it off to her. With luck, I should hear back fairly quickly and if things play out as they have in the past when I've queried her, she'll hopefully request to see the first 3 chapters. Which I've polished to - well, I'm not going to say perfection because nothing is ever perfect - but surely I've polished it to a high sheen by now. Of course I wouldn't have sent it into the Val Parv or submitted it anywhere if I wasn't satisfied with the presentation.
Fingers crossed for good results all round!

1 comment:

Lynn Colt said...

I do the same thing where I hesitate for weeks to send queries and then all of a sudden I sit down and send out five :)

Thinking good thoughts for your entry and query - good luck!