Friday, February 26, 2010

Query Land

Ah yes, that magical place of hopes and dreams, laced with nightmares and disappointment. What unique torture us writers like to put ourselves though.
Its been almost two months since I sent my manuscript off to the slush pile of Silhouette Romantic Suspense and of course I haven't heard anything. I've no doubt it will take them at least six to twelve months to get back to me about it. In the coming weeks I'll be entering the RWA Valerie Parv Award, but the past few days I've also been thinking about querying The Agent. I've written a previous post about whether or not to do this, the fact being an author doesn't need an agent to write for HMB because of the way they're set up in terms of contracts. However, in some ways, I feel having an agent might fast-track me past the slush pile, but also give me a good grounded start for when I want to move into single titles later on. Sure, working on these category romances has been fun, but ultimately I want to write a single title series a la` Suzanne Brockmann, Tara Jenzen or Cindy Gerard.
Right, well I've got words to write, editing to do, chocolate to eat, all the usual. And as usual, these things won't take care of themselves.

1 comment:

Karlene Blakemore-Mowle said...

I hate Query land- As an impatient person, I truly did pick the wrong career to enter into when all we seem to do is bloody wait!!!!! and then wait some more!!!! Good luck with your query- I hope it comes in soon.
Karly.