Thursday, February 4, 2010

On the Rebound

Yesterday I had my usual downer about not making the top fifteen of the Emerald comp. It always takes a day or so to hit me. I went through all of the old familiar emotions. Frustration that I work so hard, yet have received another knock back. A lack of comprehending at how the same pages can place so well in one comp, yet not so well in another. A 'why do I bother?' moment followed swiftly by the 'just give up already, its never going to happen' thought. Lucky for me I now know how to deal with these emotions and get on with it, I know the best way to handle things is to get right back into working and look ahead to what I might be able to do next.
This morning I entered the Chase the Dream contest, did a bit of writing and remedied myself that I have a submission out with Silhouette. If that doesn't pan out, I can always send my manuscript off to Harlequin Intrigue, not to mention my young adult novel is coming along nicely and will be finished in another few weeks.

No comments: