Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Emerald Results

The results were announced for the Romance Writers Australia Emerald comp and unfortunately I didn't make the top 15 and get into round 2. I should get my score sheets sometime later in the week, so I'll have a read and see where I went wrong. Hopefully I can improve it enough to do better in the next comp, the Val Parv award, which closes on the 26th of March. I'm also considering entering the young adult manuscript I've been working on, just to get some feedback at least. I only got 8500 words done last week, which was up on the 7800 from the week before, but still not as good as the weeks I was managing to get 12,000 to 14,000 done. So I'm a bit behind I feel, but hopefully I might get caught up this week. I just can't wait to have another finished manuscript to edit and submit to agents.

1 comment:

Cathryn Brunet said...

Sorry about missing out on the Emerald top 15. A bummer if you were after feedback on a full ms. But as you say, the name of the game is to keep writing, editing and submitting.

Am very jealous of your word counts, by the way. You're powering along.